We made this Apple Pie Jam last weekend and have enjoyed it each morning on our toast for breakfast! There really is nothing like homemade jam, especially in the fall.
4 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup water
5 cups sugar
½ tsp butter
1 (3 ounce) liquid fruit pectin
2 tsp maple syrup
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine the apples and water in a dutch oven.
- Once combined, cover and cook slowly until apples are soft.
- Add in the sugar and butter and then bring the mix to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- One boiling, add the fruit pectin and continue to let it boil for 1 minute, still stirring constantly.
- Once done, remove from the dutch oven from the heat and skim off any foam on top. Stir in the maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Once mixed completely, spoon the hot mixture into hot mason jars in your choice of size.
- Carefully place the jars into a canner or large pot of water with simmering water, ensuring that each jar is completely covered with water.
- Bring the water to a boil and let the cans process for 10 minutes.
- Finally, remove the jars and let them cool for at least 12 hours.
Recipe Credit: https://www.thriftydiydiva.com/homemade-apple-pie-jam/