Apple Pie Jam
We made this Apple Pie Jam last weekend and have enjoyed it each morning on our toast for breakfast! There really is nothing like homemade jam, especially in the fall.
4 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup water
5 cups sugar
½ tsp butter
1 (3 ounce) liquid fruit pectin
2 tsp maple syrup
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
- Combine the apples and water in a dutch oven.
- Once combined, cover and cook slowly until apples are soft.
- Add in the sugar and butter and then bring the mix to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- One boiling, add the fruit pectin and continue to let it boil for 1 minute, still stirring constantly.
- Once done, remove from the dutch oven from the heat and skim off any foam on top. Stir in the maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Once mixed completely, spoon the hot mixture into hot mason jars in your choice of size.
- Carefully place the jars into a canner or large pot of water with simmering water, ensuring that each jar is completely covered with water.
- Bring the water to a boil and let the cans process for 10 minutes.
- Finally, remove the jars and let them cool for at least 12 hours.
Recipe Credit: https://www.thriftydiydiva.com/homemade-apple-pie-jam/