Why is my Maple Butter separated?
Maple Butter is a natural product which means it can have some separation. When this happens, simply stir the Maple Butter and enjoy as usual.
How is Real Maple Syrup made?
- The first step in the process is to tap the sugar maple tree. This is usually done 2-3 weeks prior to the anticipation of sugaring season. The typical season starts in March and lasts 4 to 6 weeks. Maple farmers use a cordless drill to drill an initial hole into the sugar maple tree - it is usually best to drill into the tree about an inch and a half. The hole is then filled with a spout from a plastic tubing system.
- The spouts connect to huge webs of plastic tubing that route the precious sap into large tanks. Vacuum systems within the plastic tubing suck out the sap to increase the yield. Sap typically runs out of maple trees on days when the temperature is around 40 degrees following a night when the temperature dropped below freezing.
- Once the tanks are full of sap, it is taken to the sugar house to be boiled immediately to maintain freshness.
- To prepare the sap to be boiled, it first runs through a Reverse Osmosis machine which takes 80-90% of the water within the sap. It takes about 40 gallons of sap to make one gallon of maple syrup because sap is about 98% water. The Reverse Osmosis machine makes it so that 5-7 gallons of sap are required to make a gallon of syrup instead.
- Next, sap flows into an evaporator which boils it to approximately 219 degrees F. This boiling process forms the thick syrup by boiling away the water and caramelizing the maple sugar into the rich & robust flavor of real maple.
- Finally, the syrup is lightly filtered through a filter press and bottled.
What are the dietary restrictions associated with Parker's Real Maple products?
Our products are gluten free, dairy free, nut free and vegan.
Are Parker's Real Maple products Kosher?
Yes! All of our products have a certification from the Kosher Certification group located at 391 Troy Ave in Brooklyn NY 11213.
Which of Parker's Real Maple products are Organic?
Parker's Real Maple Cotton Candy is!
What is the shelf life for Parker's Real Maple products?
Real Maple Butter - 6 months
Real Maple Cotton Candy - 9 months
Real Maple Syrup - 1 year
Question wasn't answered here? Send an email to email@example.com.