Smoky Maple Simple Syrup
¼ c. maple syrup
¼ c. water
½ tsp. smoked paprika
pinch of salt
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. raw sugar
¼ tsp. paprika
1 ½ c. orange juice
juice of 2 limes
3 shots tequila
¼ c. plus 2 tbsp. maple simple syrup
1. Heat all simple syrup ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until steam begins to rise from the edges. Cool to room temperature before using.
3. Mix together all margarita mix ingredients and the cooled simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
4. Combine the glass rim ingredients on a small flat plate.
5. Smear maple syrup on the rim of each glass and dip the glasses into mixture.
6. Add ice cubes to each glass and divide the margarita mixture between each glass. Makes two.